Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2015, 03:42 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Captain.Jammer
Talking New board member, here

I did not see a specific spot here on the board for new member introductions, so here I am in the main board.

I am a swimming newbie and way out of shape. I know that swimming is about the best exercising one can do for many reasons. So, I am looking at getting into it to lose weight and improve my health. I will be adding swimming to my current repertoire of running and riding the stationary bike. Plus, there is also a teeny tiny inkling that I may eventually possibly *try* to do a very short (shorter than Sprint?) triathlon some day. But that is a long way off, as I would need to get and re-learn to ride a bike, and learn how to actually swim. Oh, I used to play in the pool as a kid.. even went off the high dive (just jumping in as kids do). But it has been years, and so I am literally a newbie at learning swimming strokes. (I know this is not a Learn to Swim board, but if you have any suggestions to send my way, please do!)

Another motivation for getting into swimming is, of course, the main theme of this board. I love spandex/tight gear. It started with my love of the 'new' fashion/colored underwear becoming popular back when I was a kid. And it has grown to a love of all things clingy and shiny and feeling fantastic. Having always been a chubby kid, I admired my classmates and friends that could pull off wearing Speedo swim briefs and bikinis. My body would look ridiculous in one of those, but I still admire seeing them. Even though I am a married straight guy, I have a great admiration and love for the human form, male and female. I appreciate seeing the differences and similarities, both in bodies, and in swimsuits (designs, colors and styles). Who doesn't like to see a great looking body in a great looking swim suit?

After reading a few of the posts here, I realize I may get some flack for my handle... as it implies, I prefer to wear Jammers. That is mainly because of my heavyset body and its affect on two factors: appearance and comfort....

First, I would look hideous in swim briefs or bikinis... nobody wants to see a big fat guy in a tiny swim brief! Second, and warning, this may be too much info... but with bigger thighs, there is this problem with friction... so Jammers alleviate that between my legs and make swimming much less painful. (While I am completely new to learning to actually swim, I have been in the pool somewhat in recent years and have done a lot of kicking with the kickboard.)

But in addition, because of my love of the feel of Spandex, having it surround my thighs feels great. I really enjoy it. So that is actually a third reason why I like Jammers. And, I wear both Jammers and a rash guard to swim at the community pool. Maybe it is stupid, but I feel less like a beached whale if my huge belly is also covered... plus, again, love the feel of that snug rashguard on me!

Sorry to ramble, but that is me in a nutshell. I look forward to interacting with you on the board. I love to make new friends and chat, so if you want to talk, please do so.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:49 PM

Exclamation Pics? Faint of heart, turn away!

Following speedotimes's lead in his introductory post, I will post a few pics of me in some of my swim gear.

Now if you say, 'you don't look that fat,'... you have to know that I actually suck in my gut as much as possible, and choose the best picture angles to minimize my fat appearance.

As you can tell, I love the print Jammers in addition to the black ones. Exotic and tropical prints are my favorite--they help me to imagine that I am on vacation in some exciting resort.

These are both from Hapari --they are called "Captains Quarters" and I really like them.. both the fit/feel and the prints. Oh! I just visited their website and you have to do a search for "compression" as they are no longer going by that name. They are just called 'compression swim shorts,' now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hawaii-jammers-rg280.jpg (8.7 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg warrior-jammers-rg280.jpg (12.7 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by Captain.Jammer : 01-13-2015 at 04:31 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:56 PM

Default Couple more pics

And the more traditional Jammer style.

The green one is a Speedo brand; the blue is Sporti.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Speedo-LunarTwist-jammer-frontright.jpg (40.8 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg jammers-1000w-2.jpg (43.1 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by Captain.Jammer : 01-13-2015 at 04:25 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 05:14 PM

Smile

Welcome to the board, Captain.Jammer and don't worry about your handle. Whatever you are comfortable wearing either because of your appearance or because Jammers are your preference, it's your choice and nobody should judge you.

Dooley67
Old 01-13-2015, 07:04 PM

Welcome to the board.
Congratulations on deciding to get fit.
You'll find the water will support your body, allow you to exercise and have that certain sensuality as you glide through it.
A problem many new swimmers have is to get their faces in the water, if you don't have them then get some swimming goggles that fit and are leak resistant and comfortable. get used to kicking off the side and just gliding underwater before doing a few strokes.
To start with concentrate on building up distance rather then going fast, slowly plodding up and down the pool will improve your cardiovascular fitness and give you time to work on your style. Then you will notice you are keeping up with and overtaking other swimmers.
There is only one thing worse than feeling that everyone is watching you and that is feeling no one is watching you. As you get used to swimming and people seeing you in the water you will lose your self consciousness and will know when to swim without the rash-guard and maybe one day move to something briefer than jammers.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:41 PM

Thumbs up Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooley67
Welcome to the board, Captain.Jammer and don't worry about your handle. Whatever you are comfortable wearing either because of your appearance or because Jammers are your preference, it's your choice and nobody should judge you.

Dooley67

Thanks, Dooley67!
Old 01-13-2015, 11:43 PM

Smile Thanks, Torchwatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchwatch
Welcome to the board.
Congratulations on deciding to get fit.

Thank you for the advice. I appreciate your taking the time. See ya around the board.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:44 PM

Default Masters swimming

Hi Captain. If there is one in your area, try joining a Masters swim club. They usually offer training for people with different levels of capability. A lot of triathletes join Masters clubs because swimming is their worst skill. And because it's for adult swimmers of all ages, there are often overweight guys too, which would make you feel more comfortable. Swimming doesn't necessarily remove weight, so your other activities are good too, but it does get you fit. Enjoy your swimming and get out there in your tight jammers.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:11 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler
Hi Captain. If there is one in your area, try joining a Masters swim club. They usually offer training for people with different levels of capability. A lot of triathletes join Masters clubs because swimming is their worst skill. And because it's for adult swimmers of all ages, there are often overweight guys too, which would make you feel more comfortable. Swimming doesn't necessarily remove weight, so your other activities are good too, but it does get you fit. Enjoy your swimming and get out there in your tight jammers.

Wow! Thanks, Crawler. I will check it out.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:45 PM

Pain the the behind to have to resize photos down so small. Hope this one is clear enough. Line-up for the start at FINA World Masters
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smallP1050880ai.jpg (54.9 KB, 30 views)