Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2016, 06:28 AM

Default Drawstrings

Having always had these on male swimming trunks, and as female ones don't seem to have them, does a side-tie on a girl's swimsuit perform a similar function?
Old 07-16-2016, 10:03 AM

Default Side-tie Bikini

have and wear a side tie women's bikini bottom to the beach. I find it very adjustable, but I cannot get it overly tight for surf swimming.

In general, women's bottoms can be found much cheaper than men;s when on sale, and there is a much greater range of coverage/exposure. No problems with most in the surf.
Old 07-16-2016, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikiniman
have and wear a side tie women's bikini bottom to the beach. I find it very adjustable, but I cannot get it overly tight for surf swimming.

In general, women's bottoms can be found much cheaper than men;s when on sale, and there is a much greater range of coverage/exposure. No problems with most in the surf.
Can you easily fit in a women's bikini bottom?
Old 07-16-2016, 04:04 PM

A men's swim brief is dependant upon the waist and leg hole elastic. These three elastic loops hold the suit firmly in place. The function of the drawstring is to lock the waist band in place especially for swimmers wishing to dive or perform flip-turns or other severe kick offs from the pool sides.

Women's bikini bottoms are intended to be more decorative than functional. They are designed for gentle swimming, sunbathing and posing. If you dive in women's bikini bottoms you are liable to dive through them and find them floating on the surface.

The side ties on some women's string bikini bottoms would normally be sewn across the top of the front and rear sections, there would not normally be any elastic running along the tops of these sections or down the sides. The lack of elastic means that the bikini is not self adjusting and entirely dependant on how tightly the side ties are tied. Once a side tie bikini starts to be pulled away by a dive, a hard turn or a big wave it will slip right off whilst a swim brief will be pulled down a little but recover.

The women's side tie string bikini is by the use of side ties rather than of elastic as it's primary source of support is probably more of a loincloth than a swim brief. if you want one then get one but swim gently.

There is a men's string bikini that uses an elastic waist band, has elastic on the side edges and is styled for a man's anatomy, try one of these.
Old 07-17-2016, 07:01 AM

Default Drawstrings

Can you please tell me what make etc?
Old 07-17-2016, 11:02 AM

This is a nice example of what I meant :
http://two.flash-gear.com/npuz/puz.p...00113&k=621217
Old 07-17-2016, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchwatch
This is a nice example of what I meant :
http://two.flash-gear.com/npuz/puz.p...00113&k=621217

You gotta work for it :P
Old 07-17-2016, 12:29 PM

Default Drawstrings

Yes, I just got a stupid image of bits of jigsaw puzzle. Are they trying to sell, or not?
Old 07-17-2016, 01:36 PM

It's a jigsaw puzzle because Torchwatch, or whoever gave the photo to him, posted it on flash-gear, which is a site for turning photos into online puzzles. You'll find a whole section of them elsewhere on the board
Old 07-17-2016, 07:42 PM

String side suits are sold by Prevail Sport. They ave a true string side that is called a Rio and a brief cut with very thin side they call a rio.
You can also go to ABC Underwear for a tie on bikini.

If you do a web search for tie on mens bikinis there are others selling them now- mostly out of China so coverage may be an issue.

One word of warning, if you are wearing a tie on suit, be sure you double tie it unless your friends are able to restrain from the urge to untie your suit - especially when on a public beach! The suits designed for the male anatomy and are a lot more comfortable than trying to squeeze it all in a woman's suit. The contoured pouch really is good at displaying your goods.