Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2024, 02:33 PM

Default Disappointing lack of speedos

My wife and I were in the city of Bath recently and spent time at the thermae spa, heated by the natural hot spring waters the come up from deep in the earth, for which Bath is famous. The spa is on 4 levels, with an open air pool on the roof and various steam rooms, saunas floors below with a indoor pool on the basement. I was the only male wearing speedos, one of my 4cm sides by 'oddballs'; as brief as I dare wear. However, all other men were wearing boring shorts. Similarly hardly a decent swimsuit on the women; all one pieces asisdefrom a tiny black string tie bikini on a 20 something, another couple of simpyish bikinis and a tiny, floral, pastel thong on a late teen/20 year old, though I did get a smile from her when I entered the lower pool in my speedo and every place happened to thereafter, she seemed to be there with her mum and sisters in bikinis. Such a disappointment, but I guess that's the 'norm'
Old 07-12-2024, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoolspeedo
My wife and I were in the city of Bath recently and spent time at the thermae spa, heated by the natural hot spring waters the come up from deep in the earth, for which Bath is famous. The spa is on 4 levels, with an open air pool on the roof and various steam rooms, saunas floors below with an indoor pool on the basement. I was the only male wearing speedos, one of my 4cm sides by 'oddballs'; as brief as I dare wear. However, all other men were wearing boring shorts. Similarly hardly a decent swimsuit on the women; all one pieces asisdefrom a tiny black string tie bikini on a 20 something, another couple of simpyish bikinis and a tiny, floral, pastel thong on a late teen/20 year old, though I did get a smile from her when I entered the lower pool in my speedo and every place happened to thereafter, she seemed to be there with her mum and sisters in bikinis. Such a disappointment, but I guess that's the 'norm'

I think it’s an uphill battle that we won’t win, at least in my lifetime. Even here in Northern California, it’s nearly all board shorts and trunks. Only saw two men during all my outings so far this summer wearing anything else - one wearing a standard “conservative” speedo, and another in a string thong.

Women have it so great here - they can wear anything (or almost nothing). Mostly string bikinis and thongs at my favorite beach.

Bottom line is that we should wear what we want and enjoy it, with courage and confidence.

Yes it is disappointing. On the other hand, we all need to give it the old college try! Only place I’m aware of, where anything goes as the norm, is the south of France.
Old 07-13-2024, 11:19 AM

While still the minority, men wearing brief swimsuits are more common in SE Florida.
Old 07-19-2024, 03:46 PM

Very disappointing when I visited Mauritius recently. It was an adults only hotel, with mostly European guests - but every man wore shorts to swim in. I was the exception - donning briefs with 3cm sides.
Old 07-20-2024, 11:14 AM

Surprising. While it was 7years ago, I was on a cruise with many European and Latin American passengers. Men in speedos were rather common.
Old 07-21-2024, 10:17 PM

Default Ris Park Beach

Today I wore my thong and went to the East end of Riis Park Beach, very crowded since erosion has closed half the beach. This has a lot of transgender folks along with everyone else. Topless is legal in NY State, so everyone wore what they liked, thongs, bikinis, and had a relaxed day. Queens, NY is well-named, and the most diverse place on Earth.
Old 08-15-2024, 03:04 PM

We were in France last September, Nice included and sadly I was the only one in a swimbrief. Mind you it was with the early swimmers so maybe hardly surprising. However I did see a youn g woman in a very tiny thong bikini when I was out running one morning, which was nice...in Nice.
Old 08-16-2024, 11:28 AM

Do you run in your swim brief?
Many of the young men from two colleges near me run in very short shorts split to the waist so they don't have much more coverage than a swim brief.
Old 08-17-2024, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimalist75
Do you run in your swim brief?
Many of the young men from two colleges near me run in very short shorts split to the waist so they don't have much more coverage than a swim brief.
I usually wear a very brief bikini beneath compression shorts and rugby shorts on top of that.
Old 08-18-2024, 03:57 AM

I swim regularly at an outdoor college pool in the eastern part of the U.S. Though in my 60s, I still wear brief TYR or Sporti suits. In June I started noticing a college guy sunbathing in a red Speedo brief, and sometimes a black brief suit of unknown manufacture. I assumed he swam and sunbathed but had not actually seen him in the pool. One day I walked into the locker room and he was standing at a locker, so I asked if he'd already finished a swim - he said yes, but then he started pulling on the red speedo, which confused me. He turned to me and said he was now going back out to the pool in what he called his "tanning brief" so he could work on his tan! We now chat frequently - he swims in a jammer suit, then changes into one of his two "tanning briefs" for an hour or so of suntanning! He is a European student and a very nice young man working on a PhD.