Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2014, 04:48 PM

Smile Swimming laps in my speedo

Hi guys,

Today I started to do some lap swimming at our local Y for the first time in my life. I am an OK swimmer but have very little endurance even with my walking over 2 miles a day. I reached my limited goal of 10 laps and 35 minutes in the pool. I hope to expand these as I continue.

But get this - I was the only one in the pool wearing a speedo. Before you react to this in terms of the stigma of the speedo, I should also tell you that there were only 4 of us in the pool, three of whom were women! I felt completely comfortable in my speedo, walking through a common area from the locker room to the pool.

D67
Old 06-10-2014, 10:26 PM

Default Awesome

D67, good for you for starting back in the pool. Sounds like a great workout. Keep it going. I love that you wore the ideal swimsuit for laps... and maybe gave the ladies a hot guy to dream about.

STS
Old 06-11-2014, 01:14 AM

Smile

Thanks, STS, I'll be going back tomorrow and will wear the new Nike suit I got last week. Can't wait to get in the water in it to see how it feels.

D67
Old 08-03-2014, 08:53 AM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooley67
I felt completely comfortable in my speedo, walking through a common area from the locker room to the pool.
D67

And thats how everyone else does it, now that you felt comfortable it will become second nature and wonder what the fuss was all about
Old 08-03-2014, 01:45 PM

Smile Comfortable in speedos

Hey Chris997,

For me it's never been a problem. I've always been comfortable wearing a speedo wherever I'm swimming and I continue to be among a very few guys at my Y who wear a speedo to do laps, but each to his own. I just can't understand how anyone can be comfortable wearing board shorts or even shorter boxer type suits for swimming laps with all the drag that is created.

D67
Old 08-03-2014, 02:19 PM

Me too. I made a decision back in 1991 to always wear brief Speedos, and I've never been in a situation where I've felt it's a problem.
Old 08-03-2014, 02:20 PM

The brief racing suit is the proper attire of the lap swiimmer.
When worn by guys who do a lot of lap swimming it is the favorite of the ladies who behold them.
And the guys who like to look, too, huh?
Old 08-10-2014, 12:47 AM

Watching the US Swimming Nationals meet on TV today, they interviewed Ryan Lochte - who was wearing a tee-shirt that said "Embrace the Brief", with a picture of a brief racing suit!
Old 08-10-2014, 01:16 AM

Smile

I'm sure that was very gratifying to see Swimmboy. Ryan Lochte is looked up to by so many people and has a great deal of influence in the swimming world.
Old 08-10-2014, 02:35 AM

Default R L

He seems to be a good ambassador for the cause but does he ever wear jammers to match his competitors in championship events ?