Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2015, 01:25 AM

Default Briefs vs square cuts - slippage factor

So over the years I've gotten my friends into the speedo or at least square cut thing. I find that most like to start with jammers then transition to square cuts which nobody seems to bat an eye at even when we go to the waterpark at 6 flags in MA.

I personally prefer the briefs though as I've found that the square cuts have a tendency to give the male version of the female nip slip where when you're laying out on the pool deck sometimes you show a bit more than you intended to. I mean on the surface square cuts seem a bit more conservative. In practice, however, I avoid them due to the slippage factor - especially at a family water park. Is it just me or do any of you guys run into this as well?
Old 10-28-2015, 03:50 AM

On the subject of water parks, there is a place called the Jungle Bath in Japan where guys go completely nude.

It has a water slide and it's feels so good to go with your bare butt gliding down.

It's even better if you lay on your tummy while the slide massages your dick and nipples!!!
Old 10-28-2015, 02:39 PM

I mostly wear briefs, but I also like Funky Trunks, which are more square cut. I have not had an issue like what you describe. I do find that unlike briefs where my parts generally stay in the position I put them, squarecuts have more anatomy movement. Hope this helps.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:48 PM

briefs all the way. square cut I feel looks awkward on my bod.

briefier the better.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:47 PM

this is something new to me - slippage. First, use the drawstring. Second, a suit would have to slip a hell of a lot to expose anything. Unless you are wearing it way lower than the suit is designed to be worn.
for my body I prefer the briefs, but do have some square cuts. I have never experienced any "slippage" with any suit unless I am diving into a pool.
As far as trying to get my friends to wear speedos, I would never try to get anyone to do anything - especially clothing. However, I have always had a selection of speedos in various sizes and if someone wants to try them I offer them to use - but it is only if they ask and it is their decision to try, no coaxing or prodding on my part. If they like them, fine, if not, thats fine too. A person has to be comfortable with their choices.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:45 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Captain.Jammer

The vision I had is that jaberwock is referring to slipping out the bottom, through one of the legs?? Since squarecuts may not have a snug leg opening like on a racer cut?

Tropical-Squarecuts-3 by C J, on Flickr

I know I do not have a potential problem of slipping out anywhere. There's not enough there to slip.

But I have heard that the waterslides do a number on your backside, and either in squarecuts or racer cut suits, you will end up with quite a wedgie.

Last edited by Captain.Jammer : 10-28-2015 at 09:19 PM.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:25 AM

Nice looking square cut, Cap Jam. Love the print. The suit looks great on you.

STS
Old 10-29-2015, 02:45 PM

Square cut swimming trunks should be skin tight whether they are lycra/spandex or nylon. They should have elastic waists/hips and elastic leg holes. It is likely that there is a front lining and a waist cord.

If elastic has not failed then nothing should drop out through slippage. It is possible that the rear of the suit may ride down showing a bit of ass crack (tunnelling) especially if the trunks are worn from the hips rather than the waist but this is not considered a problem these days.

Mini swimming shorts might be mistaken for square cut swimming trunks but be made from non stretch fabric and have no leg elastic. They may or may not have an inner gusset lining to give support. Worn without a gusset liner there would be need of a swim jockstrap to stop slippage and fall out. This may perhaps be what you have.
Old 10-29-2015, 03:23 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Captain.Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchwatch
Mini swimming shorts might be mistaken for square cut swimming trunks but be made from non stretch fabric and have no leg elastic. They may or may not have an inner gusset lining to give support. Worn without a gusset liner there would be need of a swim jockstrap to stop slippage and fall out. This may perhaps be what you have.

Can you point us to any pictures of these, Torchwatch? They sound interesting.
Old 10-29-2015, 04:14 PM

Something like these perhaps, but imagine them unlined:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Cool-M... sH9CZUTdQz-Dg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Fashi...3D191490105544

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fashion-Me...121792332 874

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Men-Shorts... LXlRM86F_91Jw

not forgetting these of course:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AussieBum-... zI2SEYC_RGxHw

Last edited by Torchwatch : 10-29-2015 at 04:24 PM.