Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2014, 04:40 PM

Smile

Sorry Turbofan, when you first joined the forum I thought Byron had made reference to Dorcas3 also being from Vermont so I assumed you were. I agree with what you wrote, yanks are more conservative about wearing a speedo, but here in Maine, no one seems to care if people do.

D67
Old 06-29-2014, 04:45 PM

Default Agreed

I agree D67. It's never been an issue. I even wore a square cut Funky Trunk to a local ice cream stand near the lake and not one person batted an eye.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:45 PM

the ladies at the club talk about my swimsuits and seem to approve of what they see. I know this because an aerobics instructor works part time with my wife and as typical females they talk a lot... they love seeing toned, athletic bods but prefer otherwise to wear larger swimwear.
I have no idea what guys think of it, I'll estimate about one in twenty wear briefs, another one in twenty wear jammers, the rest are in anything else especially board shorts. But the latter are not actual swimmers by any stretch of the imagination. I do often get into discussions about physical fitness and nutrition which can lead to compliments about my 55 year old bod so I surmise that I am noticed as I notice others.
From what I've learned at this site I presume gay guys want to see all men in a speedo, not being critical of the body shape wearing it. If there were any at our pool wouldn't I be likely to get a comment or glances from them? I don't know, but I wouldn't mind.
I would never wear anything too skimpy there, and it isn't really totally public, it's a members only health club. I have never seen any rules about swimwear.
I agree with those who say, "Wear what you want and don't worry about it" but will add "if you fear people will not like what they see, maybe there's a reason for it, but that is their problem!"
Old 07-06-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bede735
So a place where bikinis are prevalent e.g. a beach, is a place to pose in. And that's where the problem lies. If a man wears a pair of briefs at the beach he is posing, and that's just not the done thing. Far better to wear a pair of long shorts so as not to flaunt yourself.

So girls can pose at a beach and guys can't? Why not?

--Tim
Old 07-06-2014, 02:30 PM

Posing requires affectation, placing the body to best advantage for the spectator. A man can wear speedos, bikini briefs and even swim thongs without posing. One should act indifferently to any viewers, get on with what you are doing and ignore the looks of those around you. Sunbathe or run on the beach, swim in the sea going out past those that paddle in the shallows but do it for yourself.
Modesty is not in what you wear but in how you wear it. The muscly but fat guy in his board shorts that always seems to be in the way making other's step aside as he walks by kicking sand about is posing, showing how tough he is. The group of younger guys in speedos kicking a ball about are doing it for their own pleasure, of course people are watching but they don't care!
Old 07-06-2014, 04:27 PM

Thumbs up

Hey Torchwatch, I agree with you completely. You summed the whole issue up beautifully.

D67
Old 07-06-2014, 04:35 PM

I agree with Torchwatch that one should do what they want and wear what they like. I may be the minority, but I really don't buy all the stigma stuff. A Speedo is a perfectly acceptable swim suit. The guy in boardies might not choose to weat a speedo, so whay. I likewise will pass on the boardies. I respecy his right to choose, and find people are fine with my choice.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:17 PM

Smile

I think that you're right about the stigma thing, STS. Maybe our perceptions are what they are because here in Maine people don't bother each other and don't make a big deal out of things like what kind of swimsuit one is wearing.

But, beyond Maine, I've worn speedos of various sizes in many places in the US, Bermuda, the Caribbean, and Europe and have never felt in any way that I should be wearing something else because of any stigma associated with speedos.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:14 PM

Speedo wearers are a bit like Goths. A type of dress/lifestyle different from the norm. With Goths some people ridicule them or are aggressive to them, but in general are fine with it. Just like Speedos.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:57 PM

Default and others?

Do Hell's Angels fit in there too?