Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2014, 08:04 PM

Byron - in post #31 above, you included a picture of a guy apparently diving into the pool in a black Speedo with a blue pattern on the side. It appears the 'Speedo' logo is on the front center of his suit (centered over his 'bulge' as you might say), but I don't ever remember seeing Speedo suits with the logo in the center - usually it is on the right front hip in US-sold Speedos, and I've seen some on the left front hip (Asian-sold suits?). Any idea what this suit is in your picture?
Old 07-10-2014, 08:33 PM

Default well I'll be darned....

The logo certainly appears at centre front and that has not been so for any Speedo I have ever seen.
This pic. did raise a question for me too on the blue pattern and what came to mind
(probably wrongly) was a 'special' for Team Germany divers (that then questions the angle of the photo of course, with no background as reference) .
I just cannot remember where it came from amongst so many blogs but will see whether I can find more on that guy to explain - either uncropped or without the zoom.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:41 PM

Default tan lines

The japanese have the word speedo on the upper center front. they probably got there suits from there if the back end appears check to see if there is a back seam if so then its a japanese suoit for sure, BTW the have arena on the front of there suits to.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:42 PM

Default tan lines

The japanese have the word speedo on the upper center front. they probably got there suits from there if the back end appears check to see if there is a back seam if so then its a japanese suoit for sure, BTW the have arena on the front of there suits to.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:25 PM

Byron,

See the third picture down on this post from another site - is that the same Speedo as in your post #31?

http://www.younglifter.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=127226

If so, then the Speedo logo is off to the swimmer's right side, not in the center of his suit.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:33 AM

Default problem

Not allowed in without joining Swimmboy - but security warns me off anyway as a likely dangerous website to enter
Old 07-13-2014, 04:55 AM

Default more....

Seems there are grievances there about rejections of posts:
http://lycra-virgin.blogspot.co.uk/2...t-trekds9.html

From tumblr's surfbriefs blog however here is what might mean yes to your question. The Speedo boomerang is far too close to the wait cord knot than usual and the blue pattern does not appear on Speedo's illustrations of its
surf briefs range. My guess - a special rashguard and matching speedo coordination is being worn:
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr...sfl1o1_400.jpg
Old 07-13-2014, 04:01 PM

Byron - sorry, I guess I'd forgotten younglifter was a 'members' site. I had joined several years ago and am just accustomed to visiting there without having to re-register. I'd seen some posts once in a while asking "Why did my post get deleted?", but did not know there was so much rancor among current and former members as your blog link reveals. Oddly enough, over the past 2 days, the site seems to be 'down' - the server cannot connect or something....
Old 07-13-2014, 07:37 PM

Default still curious

OK - a bit of a cock-up in that website (and I have learned a few expletives in what I read ). Although I cannot get at your "third pic" I await a reply from Speedo on my theory of matching shirt to suit (both with the logo but a combi I haven't seen before).

Btw, yes - "webpage not available"

Last edited by Byron : 07-14-2014 at 12:37 AM.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:59 PM

Default Reply...

Must have been an old pic - Speedo say "unfortunately we no longer sell or stock that item"