Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2014, 01:28 PM

Now that there are 2 of you swimming in briefs it becomes safe, watch for others to join you.
Someone, perhaps a woman, feigning disapproval will tell a friend, word will get around and more speedo guys will come out of the woodwork.
Old 06-14-2014, 06:50 PM

Thumbs up

I never thought of that Torchwatch - you could be right. But I don't want too many guys swimming, though - I don't want to lose my slow lane. By the way, the Nike Scatter Brain brief is absolutely the best one I've ever worn for comfort, looks, maintaining shape, etc. It feels very sleek and even a bit sexy in the water. Even when I sized down to 30, there is still no obvious bulge. My second one arrived yesterday and I wore it today.

D67
Old 06-15-2014, 12:23 AM

Talking Getting people over their stigma

I get people over their stigma of men wearing cute little Speedos by looking like this:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/94117107@N06/14400062796/

And also this

https://www.flickr.com/photos/941171...7644646065850/

I think most people like looking at a decent looking body, man or woman, in a small swimsuit. I know I sure do! It's human nature, people.

Last edited by sunnfun : 06-15-2014 at 12:26 AM.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bede735
I've noticed an absence of girls wearing bikinis at my local pool for several weeks now. My theory is that bikinis aren't really for swimming - they're for posing in. If women want to swim they wear one-piece swimsuits.

I see girls at the lap pool wearing two piece bikinis meant for exercising. (The top is larger than the fashion bikinis.) It avoids having their boobs pop-out while diving or making flip turns. On the other hand, you see girl surfers wearing tiny bikinis, so go figure! They talk about how it's important to tie the straps well so it won't fall off when they wipe out. I think the fashion dictates what you wear.

But in general -- I rarely see girls wearing tiny bikinis at the lap pool. Guys give too much attention and the girls would rather just exercise. Even when wearing one-piece suits, lots of girls wrap towels around their waist like a skirt too, when walking back to the locker room.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:34 PM

to be honest, I'm a bit of an exhibitionist and don't mind if my suit shows of my package. This became more obvious when I first started wearing 'speedos' in the mid 70s. My school swimsuit was made of a thick stretchy type material until I borrowed a speedo swims hit which was made of a light weight clingy fabric. I remember the first time wearing them, pulling them on over my package and feeling how flimsy the suit was. There was a certain amount of bounce also as I walked which was quite erotic. Then when wet, the bulge became more accentuated and felt like there was no fabric there. When dry and depending how you bulge was sitting it gave that 'tent' appearance which I found quite erotic. I recall being on a school trip to the west coast of Scotland and doing some sea kayaking wearing just the speedo and a life vest. With the suit being low cut and wet, my bulge, even as a teenager was quite prominent. My first encounter with seeing a bulging speedo was years earlier when on a hot summers day- yes we get them in scotland! I saw a guy at the local beach lying on his back with a brief red speedo and displaying quite a protruding tent, pointing skyward! No-on seemed to care! I think that displaying a bulge is part of the whole speedo wearing experience and perhaps why current thinking is against them. My wife is dead against anything speedo related though I stand firm (no pun intended!) and keep wearing them. Interestingly enough on a recent trip to Italy she packed my swimwear and on getting changed for the beach found that she hd brought a very, very brief light blue speedo for me to wear!! And being Italy, no-one bothered about my attire!
Old 06-16-2014, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesSwim
But in general -- I rarely see girls wearing tiny bikinis at the lap pool. Guys give too much attention and the girls would rather just exercise. Even when wearing one-piece suits, lots of girls wrap towels around their waist like a skirt too, when walking back to the locker room.
So a guy has a choice of paying money to swim, and viewing girls in one-pieces or modest bikinis;

or strolling along the beach and seeing girls with breasts and bottoms exposed.

If I really wanted to gawp it's the beach every time!
Old 06-23-2014, 12:02 PM
Speedo Member

Young guys are totally going back to briefs! My son stopped wearing speedos around 13 years old but started again when he was 16 or so.

I could tell he was testing the waters by wearing them for swimming in the lake and pool then putting on shorts for ganging out. Gradually he's worn the shorts less and less and now rocks the speeds all the time.

Even a couple of his friends have em and wear then with their girl friends around.

It's an encouraging sign.
Old 06-23-2014, 03:07 PM

Default encouraging signs

They certainly are - but would it be indelicate to get the girl friends to say whether they are with or against the "swim shorts" preference of the great majority, as apparently uncovered in the travel company's survey?
Old 06-24-2014, 11:25 PM

Default Encouraging signs

This kind of discussion has occurred so many times and there are no right or wrong conclusions to be drawn because it is all based on opinion. I think the best thing to do is to wear what you like, and accept that the article that Byron posted for us to read is narrow minded and probably written by someone who has no idea what kind of suits are out there. Let the guys who wear boardies and jammers wear what they want, and maybe just put the discussion to bed. We'll never get agreement or consensus, and frankly who needs agreement. I'll continue to wear my low cut 1.5 brief wherever I want with no apology or justification and if someone doesn't like it, so be it.

D67
Old 06-24-2014, 11:56 PM

Default quite right......

......but Turbofan did say young guys are totally going back to briefs.

I fear that still does not apply in so many locations and bits of such ignorant journalism as that which appeared do not help change the beach and pool
scene for the better (as we would wish ??). It is unfortunately often such "trendy" rubbish that is read and followed by the younger generation and it does after all sell on the newsstands.

Last edited by Byron : 06-24-2014 at 11:58 PM.