Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2015, 09:34 PM

Default if you are not in the US

Shipping here might be cheaper or free
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-...rchweb201560_9
Old 12-15-2015, 04:56 AM

Swim Jammers looks like shorts to make you feel sleeker and faster when you swim. I think this would be perfect for swimming. With this, you can also use goggles and swim caps to look more attractive and dashing.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:09 PM

Unless you use hyper-technical and expensive water repelling fabrics the basic Lycra that jammers are made from slow down the swimmer compared to a briefer cut. The swimmer with the most money can buy speed against a comparable but poorer swimmer.
Far better for everyone competing or exercising to wear basic minimal swim briefs and goggles, maybe a swim cap for racing.
Old 12-16-2015, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnderson
Swim Jammers looks like shorts to make you feel sleeker and faster when you swim. I think this would be perfect for swimming. With this, you can also use goggles and swim caps to look more attractive and dashing.
Jammers are irritating and just an annoyance for swimming, running, and an example of "Good for nothing".

They also seem to be another version of the persistent knee-length theme in men's "shorts". The knee-length style is some kind of "Ritual Wear" meant to make an obscure statement about men's sexuality.
Old 12-16-2015, 11:37 AM

I wear jammers a lot but for stationary rowing, stationary bicycling and my weight workout. Nothing quite like a snug pair of jammers and a nice-fitting strap under for this...In cooler weather I switch off with a wrestling singlet and sometimes as another option a pair of football pants, too. Jammers tend to be my choice for summertime workouts. The right clothing can make your workout time more pleasant and satisfying for sure.
Old 12-16-2015, 02:25 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Captain.Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dolphin
Jammers are irritating and just an annoyance for swimming, running, and an example of "Good for nothing". ...

The great thing about life is we can choose what we want to do and use and enjoy according to our needs and preferences.

I, for one (and I seem to not be alone, thanks to Sebbie's recent response), really like Jammers. And to not throw this thread further off topic -- I really want to hear if others have had similar swim shop experiences -- may I suggestion we move further Jammer discussion to the thread I started some time ago, "In Defense of Jammers". My reasons for liking Jammers are given there.

Old 12-16-2015, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dolphin
They also seem to be another version of the persistent knee-length theme in men's "shorts". The knee-length style is some kind of "Ritual Wear" meant to make an obscure statement about men's sexuality.
I think they just want one pair of shorts to go swimming in, play tennis, walk about town in etc.
Old 12-17-2015, 04:59 AM

Why/what makes jammers so appealing?

They are very irritating and look just plain weird. In fact, the knee length distorts the form of the human body and looks "deformed" much like people afflicted with Down's Syndrome.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:49 AM

I'm sorry, California Dolphin, but that last comment was a low blow. First of all, it was insulting to people with Down's Syndrome (I have a cousin who has it). Secondly, jammers wearers have been welcome on this site for a long time. They are close cousins to the the brief swimsuit, and serve a similar purpose. It is OK to dislike the aesthetics of them, but to say they are "good for nothing" is patently untrue.
Captain.Jammer, I am completely with you that further discussion of this should have its own topic. <Putting my soapbox away>
Old 12-17-2015, 04:34 PM

One summer I took my jammers camping in France. I wore them around the campsite and to and from the beach. However I wore Speedos when I went swimming in the sea. I prefer how Speedos feel in water and don't like how jammers behave when wet. This is a personal preference and if you feel differently that is your choice.