Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2014, 05:41 PM

Because swimming with air in your pockets is soooOOOooo annoying.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:28 PM
Speedo Member

Not all old guys wear them.
Here at Purdue's aquatic center, I tend to see a few - three or four - older guys (older than me) who wear speedos. They wear full briefs with the three or four inch sides, one wear the smaller side cut. But these guys are quite fit for their respective ages. I was talking to one the other week before the pool opened up and how I had just converted to knee length jammers (yes can you believe it?!), and he told me he used to wear speedos when he was young then converted to board shorts but started wearing speedos again a few years ago, and he is 60. But I do see younger guys wear them too - and not just the Purdue swim team.

By the way, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way the jammers feel and how much faster I feel I can swim! :-)
Old 11-17-2014, 01:47 AM

Hey Milo, if you like jammers you will love briefs. Try switching to a square cut if the thought of a brief seems too skimpy, then make the next step. Jammers are cool, but the feel and freedom of a brief cut is awesome. Good for you on starting to swim. It is a great sport.

STS
Old 11-17-2014, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miloandtock1
Not all old guys wear them.
Here at Purdue's aquatic center, I tend to see a few - three or four - older guys (older than me) who wear speedos. They wear full briefs with the three or four inch sides, one wear the smaller side cut. But these guys are quite fit for their respective ages. I was talking to one the other week before the pool opened up and how I had just converted to knee length jammers (yes can you believe it?!), and he told me he used to wear speedos when he was young then converted to board shorts but started wearing speedos again a few years ago, and he is 60. But I do see younger guys wear them too - and not just the Purdue swim team.

By the way, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way the jammers feel and how much faster I feel I can swim! :-)

Interestingly enough, at the Y where I swim, not too many guys wear briefs, but the ones who do look to me to be in their 50's and 60's. I've seen only a few guys who are maybe in their 20's wearing briefs. But, as someone in his 60's, I like wearing briefs because the freedom of movement, like STS said, is wonderful. I also wear them because I look OK in briefs because I'm pretty lean for my age and, along with the swimming, wearing briefs makes me feel good.

Dooley67
Old 11-17-2014, 05:55 PM

I think I look okay in them, too. Well I had a recent medical where my body mass index was in the fit range, so I think it's my duty as a 50 plus person to show what's possible.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:18 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bede735
I think I look okay in them, too. Well I had a recent medical where my body mass index was in the fit range, so I think it's my duty as a 50 plus person to show what's possible.

Bede,

I agree with you completely. And it's my duty as a 60 plus person to show that after 60 one's BMI can be in the fit range. We do have that responsibility to others - when you've got it, flaunt it...lol

D67
Old 11-22-2014, 11:04 AM

Cool For several reasons

I think there are several reasons older men will wear speedos.

First, if you swim for exercise, board shorts are just silly. They slow you down.

Second, I think younger guys might wear speedos more but they are fearful of what others might think. OMG, he is wearing a speedo; he must be gay. Older guys like my self just don't give a crap what others think. I've kept myself in shape, like to swim, and really don't care what others think.

And lastly, I think younger guys are concerned about getting an erection while wearing a speedo. Hard truth: erections just don't pop up as frequently as you get older. Funny, but when you are younger you are scared of having an erection at the wrong time, but older guys will pay big bucks to get one.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fla.swimmer
Hard truth: erections just don't pop up as frequently as you get older.

I love the unintended pun.

STS
Old 11-22-2014, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimTeamSpeedo
I love the unintended pun.

STS
It was intended.
Old 11-22-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fla.swimmer
And lastly, I think younger guys are concerned about getting an erection while wearing a speedo. Hard .
Although if you're doing strenuous exercise that won't happen, so if they are actually doing some swimming that won't be a problem.