Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2014, 11:23 AM

Funny how we've become desensitised to sex, bad language, violence (well on TV, anyway), yet the Speedo has the ability to shock.
Old 08-03-2014, 02:45 PM

Default emergency attention

I guess a Scotsman does not waste valuable time in such a situation ?
Old 08-03-2014, 02:55 PM

Default desensitisation...

The old rules of thumb for censorship in the visual arts used to be differentiated as no sex for the USA and no violence for the UK.
There was I believe a Hollywood rule that a bed scene with a man on a woman would only be permitted in the movie with one foot on the floor.
(the Hayes Rules?)
Old 08-04-2014, 02:17 PM

Default desensitization

Its the 24/7 news channels that run certain stories into the ground. CNNs coverage of the missing airliner is an example.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:11 PM

Smile Desensitization

Byron, you're right, it was the Hays Rule which was adopted in 1930 because of the concern about the amount of nudity and raunchy (Mae West) content in the movies of the 1920's. Actresses that people wouldn't expect to do nude scenes like Myrna Loy joined those one would expect, like Jean Harlow and Mae West, in showing lots of skin. Another example of prudish American view of the human body and sex.

D67
Old 08-05-2014, 04:54 AM

Back to the initial topic I noticed a rather odd trend at the US Open (I went back sat and sun) Many of the kids were wearing boxers & boxerbreifs under boardies with just the waistband of the underwear showing whereas most tof the women were wearing just a string bikini and a ballcap.

While I have no issue with guys in boardies (many even look great in them) & I can see why many wear them I found this trend dumb in appearance and quite absurd. Not is it not practical but how is it comfortable or attractive to the ladies? Maybe Im missing the boat here but I didn't get it.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:46 AM

Default US Open

Not sure what this is all about - were the women topless or wearing both parts of their string bikinis ?
(I am assuming that an event at a prestigious venue would entail a dress code being checked out at the point of entry ?)

Yes, the kids want to display whatever logos, phrases or wacky words are printed on their underwear waistbands - a trendy way of declaring themselves to be streetwise and snappy - and was this not similarly pointed out in a recent post (can't find it now ) on the dropped baggy jeans style? (such is often to be seen on skateboarders I have found)

Last edited by Byron : 08-05-2014 at 05:53 AM.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:34 PM

Kids like to show off their name brand undies more each year.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:03 AM

Let me clairfy. US Open of Surf not Golf lol. It is about how absurd I find fashion to be...
Old 08-07-2014, 04:51 AM

Default shock/horror

it might even have been Tennis!