Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2016, 05:52 PM

Default ATTENTION AMERICANS: Sports Authority Closing Sale

Attention American members! Treat your American member (teehee) to a speedo on sale! I heard in the news recently that Sports Authority declared bankruptcy or something and is going out of business and closing all locations. As a result, everything is on sale, including swimwear! I just checked and the sale is online as well. So, if you can't make it to your local location, you can always shop online. When I checked just now, there was also free shipping on orders over $39. As an example of what's available, there's a Speedo Solar, normally $34, on sale for $27.20. If you're in the market for a fairly basic suit for swimming laps or whatever, or you have a clean and simple taste speedo-wise, it's worth checking out.

Just thought you might like to know! I'd probably buy a suit or two if I were back in the States. Here's the swimwear available on the website: http://www.sportsauthority.com/Athle...77569.52417956
Old 05-26-2016, 08:37 PM

For a bankrupt sale, $27 from $34 seems kind of high still. About two months ago Macy's was having a sale and their Solars were down to about $20.
Old 05-27-2016, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriefBro
For a bankrupt sale, $27 from $34 seems kind of high still. About two months ago Macy's was having a sale and their Solars were down to about $20.

*preachhhhhh*
Old 05-31-2016, 05:17 AM
Speedo Member

their selection sucked even when they weren't in bankrupcy

so its going to be super terrible now

they have any color you want as long as you want BLACK, black or more black

and they only carry nike and speedo brand

for an "authority" on sports i expected more when i moved and they were the main sports store around

dicks sporting goods sucks too,

thankfully unlike when i was on the swim team we have the internet now, so many choices
Old 05-31-2016, 05:21 AM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriefBro

the prices are going to drop super slow, they are bringing in a company that specializes in maximize revenue during a bankrupcy

Why Prices at Going-Out-of-Business Sales Can Be Rip-Offs
Old 05-31-2016, 10:26 AM

I got a really good deal in store on these at a local Sports Authority before the going out of business sale... $15. They only had one pair in store and they were my size. I really like them too. Maybe in store there will be better deals?

http://www.sportsauthority.com/Nike-Mens-Core-Solid-Swim-Briefs/product.jsp?productId=12264776&cp=3077569.52417956 .2673725&fbn=Brand|Nike&fbc=1&lmdn=Brand&f=Brand%2 F1039%2F&parentPage=family
Old 05-31-2016, 12:30 PM

Comet an electrical goods store chain in the UK announced they were closing and had a closing down sale. The reduced prices came out at about the same as the prices for equivalent goods at other stores while most of the technology seemed somewhat dated. The stores liquidation seemed to have been managed in such a way that the directors and shareholders recovered their assets while the government had to pay the staff redundancy payments.
There now seems to be a fashion to liquidate even profitable companies so the owners make a killing, the government pays the tab and the workforce lose their jobs. Is this happening in the US too ?