Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2014, 12:01 AM
Speedo Member

Default Why Americans do not men wear speedo ?

Why American men don't wear speedo ?
Hi to all the boys who wear speedo . I know this question has been done thousands of times: Why the U.S. men don’t wear speedos ? But I want to ask the question from another point of view. Those of us who like to research the history we know that man's actions are NEVER random and are always conditioned by historical issues. For example the swimsuit born in the Victorian era for the moralist queen.
From this point of view and we all know that until the year 1984 and 1985 the speedos were common in the U.S. and no man were ashamed. My question is for you What historical or market events occurring at that time to disappear the speedos ?
Perhaps there any moral , political or religious group began to gain more power for example? I 'm Latino and Latin America wear the speedo is very different from one country to another, the Hispanic countries closest to the imitated neoliberal system of USA have the same speedo-phobia, like imitation about buy clothes like American people.

Last edited by zungaboy : 01-21-2014 at 12:09 AM. Reason: wrong spelling
Old 01-21-2014, 01:25 AM

Default Go Fast

I think many men do things such as water skiing,para sailing etc.-where they need more "fabric" protection for their upper legs etc. from wave burn. Many wear briefs under. There is more lazy swimming at beaches and pools where guys just go in and get wet then go back to their towel-then there is the situation where they just hang out and socialize. Looser pants are more comfortable in certain situations up to a point. I sail in shorts with pockets carrying small tools but I swim in "speedos". When I played basketball my shorts were satin and they were short to the point that you could see the straps of my jock when sitting on the court in front of the coach with the crowd looking on. I do wear compression shorts under other shorts at times for support. Just put on your speedos and go to the pool and swim. I don't think that most onlookers give a damned. I do not hesitate to stop and talk with people in or out of the pool. My favorite now are 100% nylon Caussies-red and somewhat transparent except the part that hides the junk. JVT
Old 01-21-2014, 02:48 AM
Speedo Member

Years ago ( maybe 10 years) I read on a website that the “cargo shorts style” began to proliferate in Seattle in the 80's in USA because Seattle it is the headquarters of the Mormon church. The reason is that Mormons under his clothes hide as underwear called " garment " ( sacred clothing ) which covers the half of the thigh, to hide the garment. Mormons dress in summer "the cargo bermuda " and no shorts-shorts and they are never shirtless no tanktops for the same reason ( to hide the " garment " ) I read in the information that the power of Mormonism was so great that slowly the Mormon peopleof Seattle and the NO-Mormon people in Seattle started by imitation to wear shorts (and never more shorts -shorts )... slowly shirtlessting avoided this custom began to spread across the United States. Any of you know or know of similar stories? ? People often think it is shame that limits the acts of those historical changes but usually are given by groups that have enough real power to "change the course of history." Example of this is that before we had NO shame men using speedo , all used it , and suddenly begins shame to feel shy!
Old 01-21-2014, 03:24 AM

Default Mormons

One religious group imposing their strictures on millions in the Land of the Free?
Sound like a load of sheep to me - are all automobiles soon to disappear as well, and be replaced by the horse and little black Amish carriage ?

Last edited by Byron : 01-21-2014 at 03:47 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:45 AM
Speedo Member

Byron sounds like a joke but some things like this HAPPEN all the time in the land of the liberty like in all the world. But I must to say it don’t deal about the Mormons, it was just a small story like sample. But you and me are free to choice “what things IN THE MARKET we choice” if you don’t believe in that them the publicity was a spent of time and money for the industry for centuries. Take off the Speedos of the wallmart or any beach store was a election of the industry, maybe you think they took off the the speedos because it begin to be NO popular, but really is the opposite.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:46 AM
Speedo Member

Default This one's by Sebbie...

Check this out. I think it will more than answer your question.

Last edited by LeanHunk : 01-22-2014 at 05:32 AM.