Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2014, 09:39 PM

Smile Anybody else love a Day at the Beach?

I just came from the beach on the Outer Banks of North Carolina where we are vacationing. It was an amazing day, clear blue sky, temperature about 90, soft ocean breeze, fantastic waves to jump, dive into or get knocked around by. Coming from Maine, I rarely get a chance to get to the ocean where the water is warm enough to stay in for an extended amount of time, so when I do take a beach vacation, it's a real treat for me. And each day wearing a different one of my speedos. Today it was a Nike 2" brief which felt great in the water, like I wasn't wearing anything. And for the first time all week I saw another guy, in a navy blue square cut. Most folks had already left after the US Labor Day holiday.

What are other's experience of a day at the beach in a brief swimsuit?

D67
Old 09-03-2014, 05:14 AM

I love the beach and spend every weekend I can in another one of my suits... I don't have a story right up having been absent from the beaches 3 weekends (2 due to work, and my lost 3 day weekend due to my car picking a terrible time once again to crap out).

I want to do a beach vacation before the year is over. Take 7 days and travel from beach to beach getting tanned and having fun. Even tho it has been 3 weeks since Iv'e been to the beach I still have a solid bikini tan lol.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:53 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to VTspeedo
Default Beaches

Up the road from the Outer Banks is a beach in Hampton Virginia called Grandview Beach. It is a mecca for guys in speedos and thongs. A bit of a walk to get to it and not a groomed beach, there is some pedestrian traffic of non-speedo wearers but the people are visible form a mile away so for those self conscious about their apparel, you can easily slip on a pair of shorts. I don't worry about what would be said or thought of me while there in my Aussiebums.

Nice place to go to if you get a chance sometime!
Old 09-03-2014, 05:00 PM

Easily the best was on holiday in Mexico (Cancun) in '99 where I went on an excursion to a private beach. As soon as we arrived we were encouraged to change into swimwear straight away. Being with a group of Americans, mostly, I was the only one who changed into swim briefs - as if I was bothered.
I had a decent stroll along the beach and then had a swim in the warm sea. I finished with a spell in a hammock with a cool drink. Idyllic!
Though having said that, I was unattached back then so it really would have been perfect if I'd gone with a girl.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:56 AM

D67,

I also have spent many weeks at the Outer Banks, albeit further south in Avon, NC, USA. I generally put on a favorite swimsuit as soon as I arrive and stay in swimsuits the whole time. Like you, I am often lone guy in a brief, but my body carries it we'll, so I enjoy it. Last winter I went to Sanibel Island, Florida, USA and wore my Turbo suits, even on my bike ride to the beach. Stopped for ice cream and stuff. Again the sole guy, but not a bad look ever.

STS
Old 09-05-2014, 11:35 PM

D67,

I used to love the Grand Strand on Hilton Head Island South Carolina. I would usually be one of few guys in briefs. The only dirty looks I got was when I blocked someone's sun.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:47 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bede735
Easily the best was on holiday in Mexico (Cancun) in '99 where I went on an excursion to a private beach. As soon as we arrived we were encouraged to change into swimwear straight away. Being with a group of Americans, mostly, I was the only one who changed into swim briefs - as if I was bothered.
I had a decent stroll along the beach and then had a swim in the warm sea. I finished with a spell in a hammock with a cool drink. Idyllic!
Though having said that, I was unattached back then so it really would have been perfect if I'd gone with a girl.

My wife and I were in Cancun in the summer of 2012 and expected to find lots of guys in speedos. But, I was one of a very small number. It didn't bother me though, wore a different speedo each day and just enjoyed looking at the few guys who were in speedos.

D67
Old 09-06-2014, 07:17 AM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooley67
My wife and I were in Cancun in the summer of 2012 and expected to find lots of guys in speedos. But, I was one of a very small number. It didn't bother me though, wore a different speedo each day and just enjoyed looking at the few guys who were in speedos.

D67

Latin America was “speedoLand” for a lot of years, also Mexico have “speedo history” but it begging to finish at the middle of the 90’s… For example Venezuela was a place very very very “spedo-users” at early the year 2000 but at today maybe only the 30% of the guys use it.
I think the speedo is “coming back” in South America. No faster like a lot would like, but is coming back. I believe the trend of "global empowerment" is making that the people begin to don’t give importance if another people have some problem with the clothes that he want to dress.