Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2015, 12:48 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Captain.Jammer
Talking In defense of Jammers

Okay, go ahead and load your tomatoes and other rotten fruit. I know I will get some interesting and probably heated response to this thread.

I, for one, like swim Jammers. You might have guessed that from my handle.

I am not a competitive swimmer. In fact I am not a swimmer, at all. I am just trying to get into swimming and taking lessons.

So why in the world do I like Jammers?

1) Practical reason. I am very out of shape. And I do not have a thigh gap--they rub together. So from a practical standpoint, I love Jammers because they prevent sores on my legs.

2) The feel. I also have a love for Lycra/spandex. So Jammers allow me to have more of me wrapped in that snug fabric. And they feel good, so I like wearing them.

3) The look. Fortunately, even when I am way out-of-shape, like now, my legs do not get extremely fat. And I believe that my legs are my best feature. And as conceited or self-centered it may sound (I usually am neither--I don't like the way I look, generally), I will admit, here and now, that I really like the look of my thighs when I wear Jammers. They look strong and powerful (even though they may not really be---they look like it) and I think it is the fabric stretched tight around them that lends to that look.

So, yeah.. call me weird, call me whatever, but I do love Jammers. Maybe one day when I lose the weight, and don't have a problem with my thighs, I may one day sport swim briefs (Oh, I do have several pair, but would not be caught in public wearing them with my body the way it is now). But until then, I will gladly enjoy my Jammers.

(Bracing myself behind a chaise lounge on the pool deck, ready for the retaliation!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jammers-1000w-4.jpg (53.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg N2N-Comet-Jammer-Red-rearleft.jpg (38.9 KB, 25 views)
Old 02-20-2015, 12:52 PM

Default Submitted for your approval

A couple more pics in my Jammers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg N2NLagunaJammerrearleft_Small_700.jpg (60.9 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Clubswim-Jammer-Black-2_800.jpg (36.0 KB, 19 views)
Old 02-20-2015, 01:00 PM

Default No tomato throwing here

Hey Cap Jam

I think that your liking of jammers is awesome and you should feel free to wear them. Frankly, I think guys who wear board shorts should also feel free to do so. Who are any of us to say what you can and can't wear. Plus, I think jammers look pretty cool, and I even have a few pair that wear sometimes. Your pictures are great, too.

Jam on, Cap,

STS
Old 02-20-2015, 01:08 PM

Thumbs up Wow!

Not quite the response I was prepared for!

I appreciate your opinion and kind words, STS.

Thanks, bud!
Old 02-20-2015, 03:37 PM

Default Red Print

By the way, I love the red print. Quite the eye catcher.

STS
Old 02-20-2015, 05:15 PM

Are they not a bit tricky to put on?
Old 02-20-2015, 05:37 PM

Default You have to go slow

Yes they can be tricky. But that is true of all Lycra fabric (bike shorts, running tights, etc.)

I have learned to go slow. And to best describe it, it is done like a woman puts on nylons. You grab the bulk of the suit and release from the bottom to allow them to lay against your skin as you pull them up. Then I do some adjustments to make sure that the crotch is tightly seated against my skin (if there is any skin on skin contact, it will cause problems).

Oh and it is far worse to try to put them on if your skin is wet or even damp. So, being completely dry helps a lot.

P.S. These are not the Fastskin type of Jammers, either. Those are extremely skin tight and very difficult to put on as far as I understand. I like my Lycra snug, but not so tight my legs get strangled!

Last edited by Captain.Jammer : 02-20-2015 at 06:51 PM.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:55 PM

Smile

I'm one for people making their own choices for swimwear without others judging them so if you love jammers, who is to say that you've made a bad choice. I would not choose jammers for two reasons; one is that I prefer a brief suit that is more comfortable for me, and two is that I don't like the feel of anything tight around my legs or thighs. That's why I've never liked tight jeans or shorts. But for you, wear the jammers with pride.

D67
Old 02-20-2015, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooley67
But for you, wear the jammers with pride.

D67

Thanks, Dooley67!
Old 02-20-2015, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimTeamSpeedo
By the way, I love the red print. Quite the eye catcher.

STS

Thanks, STS.

I personally gravitate to the more tropical prints, like the other print Jammers in my pics I posted here, and the blue one in this post. Tropical prints and bright colors help me to imagine that I am in some remote tropical place... almost like a mini-vacation... when I wear them. Yeah, I know, I am weird--I admit it.

And here is another view of the red one. I almost did not get it because it is not tropical--but like you mentioned, the red really catches the eye. I wore it for the first time to the rec center pool the other day. It is a slightly lower rise, but tied the drawcord a little snugger and it seemed fine. Was fun being in it for my my swim training workout.

Thanks, again for the compliment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg N2N-Tropics-Jammer-blue-lef.jpg (52.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg N2N-Comet-Jammer-Red-front.jpg (34.1 KB, 11 views)