Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2014, 08:37 PM

Default speedo designs

Does anyone remember when speedos can in fabulous colours and designs? The fabric seemed to be different then with very clingy stretchy fabric. I remember the brother of a school friend had a fabulous brief speedo in orange pastel, with other merging colours that gave a cloud like appearance. It was quite brief, about 1.5 inches and a white inner lining for the front. He was in the swim team and it looked fabulous on him, displaying quite a prominent bulge. I recall spending sometime with his family and his mum allowing me to use the speedo as i had forgotten mine and he had other suits. It was slightly small for me but I loved its tight feeling causing a very obvious bulge especially when wet. I loved wearing that speedo. There were some other interesting designs like on which had lions on it in a Scottish theme. The fabric was different then which allowed a certain freedom of movement and bounce. It also gave quite a sensual feeling if someone brushed slightly against it as a kind of electric feeling transferred to the meat inside. I found that when sharing a communal shower with a lady at a swimming pool one day when she was had soap in her eyes and groping for soap on a ledge about waist level with me. She had long nails which skiffed across my bulge and sent an fabulous feeling through me causing and enlargement. When she cleared her eyes and looked she realised what had happened, staring at my prominent bulge and smiling embarrassed. Since then Ive always looked admiringly at ladies with long nails and imagined them running their nails across my speedo front. Love speedos! why can't they make a comeback???
Old 06-26-2014, 02:17 AM

Default They are coming back...

Back in my swim team days, briefs were the only choice for guys, and on race day we wore really tight and tiny swimsuits that almost barely covered everything, aka the famous "paper suits." The best part was that the everyday practice briefs had lots of colors and prints. Tyr at the time had some pretty radical Hawaiian print floral briefs that looked amazing on. By the mid to late 90's the selection of briefs dropped to some more basic solids, a few splice colors, but not the bold colors and prints. Even the jammers, which had a better selection, were not much more exciting. Finally, we are seeing more options in the briefer cut suits. New names like Turbo and Monster are entering the market, and more and more of the fitness swimming guys are starting to switch back. I think the emergence of a new reign of swimmers who seem confident in their swimsuits helps, Phelps, Lochte, Daley all showing up in awesome looking swimsuits and getting real attraction from the ladies shows that fit guys look great in the right swimwear. I have faith that the circle of fashion is starting to make its way back around. It seems to be doing the same in running shorts, and even in men's casual shorts.

STS
Old 06-26-2014, 03:54 AM
Speedo Member

Board shorts are shortening up too. I guess seeing thighs is acceptable now :P

Bright colours and designs are popular now. I bet if there were more suits available similar to the waterpolo style suits you'd get more guys trying them out.

Plain black or department store speedos are actually kind of ugly.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:05 AM

Sports shops used to be like candy stores with a riot of colour and textures coming from the men's swimwear and running shorts rails. There was always something that we wanted to try on and buy today, handing in our money and the desired item at the till while hiding a rising erection, and something that we couldn't resist returning for tomorrow or next week.
It was the ever changing choice that made us want to keep buying.....
Old 06-26-2014, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbofan
Board shorts are shortening up too. I guess seeing thighs is acceptable now :P

Bright colours and designs are popular now. I bet if there were more suits available similar to the waterpolo style suits you'd get more guys trying them out.

Plain black or department store speedos are actually kind of ugly.
Actually Turbofan I have a black HOM micro suit bought last year which is quite cute. Also have the yellow version.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimTeamSpeedo
Back in my swim team days, briefs were the only choice for guys, and on race day we wore really tight and tiny swimsuits that almost barely covered everything, aka the famous "paper suits." The best part was that the everyday practice briefs had lots of colors and prints. Tyr at the time had some pretty radical Hawaiian print floral briefs that looked amazing on. By the mid to late 90's the selection of briefs dropped to some more basic solids, a few splice colors, but not the bold colors and prints. Even the jammers, which had a better selection, were not much more exciting. Finally, we are seeing more options in the briefer cut suits. New names like Turbo and Monster are entering the market, and more and more of the fitness swimming guys are starting to switch back. I think the emergence of a new reign of swimmers who seem confident in their swimsuits helps, Phelps, Lochte, Daley all showing up in awesome looking swimsuits and getting real attraction from the ladies shows that fit guys look great in the right swimwear. I have faith that the circle of fashion is starting to make its way back around. It seems to be doing the same in running shorts, and even in men's casual shorts.

STS
I agree totally. I have a pair of All Blacks rugby shorts bought recently which are very short, though rugby shorts tend to be short anyway. Much better than football 'shorts' which tend to be knee length these days!
Old 06-26-2014, 11:22 PM

Default style and fashion

Hope all these optimistic predictions come to fruition - we have heard so much of this stuff before in so many posts but one day of sun doesn't make a summer (or whatever the saying is)
Old 06-27-2014, 12:10 AM

Thumbs down Style and functionality

I have never been able to understand how the long knee length shorts that are worn in basketball and soccer (football for the Brits and Aussies) can be comfortable and not stick to the legs once the player has worked up a real sweat. On a hot, humid day, when I wear cargo shorts or other shorts that come above the knee, they really feel uncomfortable and sticky and I'm not running up and down a court or a ball field. Seems like they trade comfort and functionality for style.

D67
Old 06-27-2014, 12:36 AM

Default cargoes

These I thought usually come just below the knee. If above I can envisage at least a little alleviation of sweaty adherence being possible - or am I arguing a pedantic point on anatomical flexibility?
Old 06-27-2014, 01:07 AM

Default Cargoes

No Byron, you're not arguing a pedantic point. Cargoes do come below the knee, but because I'm relatively short (5'6"), I always have to shorten mine a couple of inches because I find the longer length uncomfortable and still the sweatiness is there even at the shorter length.