Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2013, 09:05 PM
Speedo Member

Default Check out these suits from Sportsdirect

I'm limited to 4 images but here's the jammers: http://s9.postimg.org/a6m5qtjsf/IMG_1531.jpg
What do yall think? The jammers are a slightly big but it's still good. I just have to make sure that the drawstrings are extra tight or else bad things might happen.
Thanks Torchwatch for the stitching and reshipping!
Old 05-29-2013, 09:47 PM

The orange suit with the cycle padding was entirely home made and experimental, I wasn't sure it would come out right and had trouble with sewing machine tension. What amazes me is that the colour really suits you and looks better on you than the navy blue factory made briefs and the jammers.
Nice pictures
All the items were size S, 30".

Would you be "brave" enough to do the triathlon in the padded briefs? They do look better on you than the jammers, and I could make a "perfect" pair now I know they work.

Could we see you in briefs with the cycle top?

Last edited by Torchwatch : 05-29-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:24 PM
Speedo Member

I like the padded briefs as well. I think it looks good on me. I'm a bit concerned because the stitching and the drawstrings are sort of falling apart. I don't want my suit to fall apart especially in swimming. But I can still wear it.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:08 PM
Speedo Member

Torchwatch, this is my outfit to go cycling.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:40 PM

I'm glad you like the orange padded suit and think you look rather good in it. It was an experiment to see if the design would work and would be practical for swimming, running and cycling as I have not made a triathlon brief before. The thread tensioner on the sewing machine was playing up while I made your suit, but it is corrected now, it won't fall apart, just looks a little odd. Also the stitching holding on the padding and around the waist should be in the same colour as the fabric of the suit, as it shows up too much.
Once you confirm that the triathlon briefs work in the shower, on the bike and while you run I will make a new perfect pair, you look good in orange but tell me should you prefer burgundy, turquoise, purple or black.
No charge.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:50 PM

Default The jersey doesn't fit

With that hot torso, why are you hiding it under an ill-fitting, baggy jersey?
Old 05-30-2013, 11:33 PM

Default in hiding

LOL, yes - and you should be modelling for Aquas or Mizuno !
Old 05-31-2013, 02:37 AM
Speedo Member

Thanks for the compliment!
The jersey is pretty important for cycling because of the three pockets in the back. It allows cyclists to carry a lot of water during a race. It also increases visibility and reduces road rash. It would be pretty dangerous to ride without a shirt
Old 05-31-2013, 09:13 AM

Yes, as a biker I know that you want the pockets, but you also want an aero, pro-fit, too. You worked hard for that chest and those abs. Let the world see them.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:13 PM

You look good in the suits. You will need a better fitting jersey though the jersey you have now will create too much wind drag. You will see how slow you go with this jersey when you get a better fitting one.