Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2012, 10:38 AM

Default Stress Testing my new Speedo

A funny thing happened to me at swim practice yesterday. I swim for a really good masters team. Most of us are former college swimmers and we still compete in masters events and triathlons or open water swims. I usually wear my practice suits until they are practically falling apart, Well, I finally broke out a brand new Speedo brand brief. I wear size 30, and being new it was a really snug fit. I got it on and went out to the pool area. The group ahead of us was still finishing up, and had about ten minutes to go. A fellow swimmer on my team was already out waiting. He is really hot looking and we are pretty good swim friends. He immediately remarked about the new suit, probably cause I was so overdue for one. Anyway, we were standing there talking and he was saying how he liked the suit and that he needed to get some new suits. He was in jammers, but said he was going to try going back to briefs. I told him he should. I was looking at him thinking about how hot he'd be in briefs.

Suddenly it happened. This has not happened to me in quite a while. I felt the sensation and within seconds I was boinging to full hard in my suit. I position up, so I was pressing against the top of the suit. By now some other guys and gals had joined us. There is not place to sit or even try to hide, so here i was standing at full attention out in front. I took my hand and repositioned to the side, for fear if I did not I'd pop out the top. No one said anything and I tied to act like everything was fine, but anyone could clearly see I was rock solid in my brand new suit. A gal who swims remarked also about my suit, and as she was checking me out I was at my full-on boner state. She smiled, but did not say anything except that she liked my new suit adn it was a great fit and we kept talking. Thankfully, the other team finished and I quickly jumped in the pool before they were even out of it.

The fun part is the jammer guy and I are going to a local swim store to get him a couple new briefs after swimming today. That should be cool. There were a couple pair there that I did not buy, so maybe I will add them to my collection, too.

When it happened it was kind of weird. But it was also kind of fun, brings back memories of those spontaneous boing events of my younger days.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:20 PM

Default boing

Interesting story - youth springs eternal - do tell us what he purchased.

Btw do you understand what's going on in the what's going on box ?
(your post of 12-09-11 says this is a cool feature and it has just been repeated word for word by a new member promoting Gucci)
Old 03-10-2012, 01:26 PM

Default My thoughts

I'm convinced that a lot of guys are afraid to wear Speedos because they hae a long-time fear that something like this could inadvertently happen to them. This stems from what they experienced near or at puberty, maybe at age 11 or 12, when erections were hapening seemingly for no apparent reason at unexpected times and places...I used to get them just riding 20 miles on a school bus, which I meekly attributed to the poor-riding school bus and the vibration from the rough roads. Worse, this on occasion led to a full-scale ejaculation a nice oval wet spot on my jeans. Now THAT was tough to hide! But EVERY guy has embarrasing memories of things that happened to him like this around puberty.

Anyhow, a guy around puberty is usually really bashful about other peers knowing or observing, male or female, that he has somehow managed to become a man, and this sets up situations whereby young guys will do everything to avoid any situation that might lead to that conclusion, even if this should happen inadvertently.

Worse, kids that age and into high school can be really mean. They are discovering their own sexuality, and for the straight guys part of this means making certain that everyone far and wide knows that they aren't gay. This can lead to gay bullying--after all, any guy with an unexpected erection around other guys is clear evidence that the guy is gay. This is even more complex in budding male/female relationships, always a cause for angst for guys young and old. Lets avoid any situation whereby a similar-age girl might observe that a guy has an erection. Even worse if the guy is even slightly attracted to the girl. What in the world is she going to think? The sex education course is probably saying something about the notion that if a guy has an erection in front of a girl, that is clear evidence that he is sexually attracted to her. But what if this is a girl that he doesn't particuilarly like, and this happens anyway? Now teen life gets really complicated, with all sorts of feelings that are at once terrific, but scare the socks off of teen boys. can something so exciting and fun cause so much angst?

One of the things I like about those photos of UNI High school water polo team is how much at peace everyone seemed to be with their own bodies and with being around other teens who were also completely at ease with their bodies. This is light years beyond where 99 % of other high school teens are around the US, straight or gay.

SwimTeamSpeedo, you are al grown up and worn tight fitting Speedos for a long time, and you still seem to be showing some of the angst of a 12-year old over all of this and what happened. The difference is that now you can enjoy yourself and finally kick back and laugh about the entire sequence of events, without any fear of being teased or bullied by your peers.

Sebbie
Old 03-10-2012, 02:10 PM

Default in the right context

Hey Sebbie, good detailed explanation. Just for clarity, I am very confident as a guy in Speedos or any type of brief swimwear and with getting aroused. However, I don't think any of us would like to do so in the setting I found myself, no matter how confident. As a long time swimmer who grew up and went through puberty wearing brief swimsuits, I have had my share (or more) of aroused swim team situations. No apprehension here, but they are alot more fun in the right place....not in front of the entire swim team.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:31 PM

Default Next Time

The thing is you may be so self concious the next time that you'll bone up again in spite of your mind set. The guy that said that he was going back to speedos did the trick-we all like congrats. from others especially other guys shows he has feelings for you beyond the suit I'll bet-good for you and him.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:35 PM

STS - thanks for telling of your experience. Be nice to get an update of your jammer wearing team mate and his experience with briefs.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:02 PM

Default Our shopping adventure

So, we did go suit shopping after swimming today, at a local shop that specializes in competitive swimwear. It was alot of fun. I picked up two more Speedo brand briefs. They were closeouts of the splice kind that have the back seam. They fit awesome. I'll save them for the beach, because I find the butt seam wears out real fast in the cholorine under the stress of the flip turns. Plus the snug fit makes them feel awesome on, and really shows off well, perfect for the beach. I downsized to a 28 waist on one, which is a really snug fit. My teammate did, in fact, pick up two briefs, one Speedo and one Tyr. He is between a 30 and 32 waist, so he got one in each size. One of them is just like the one I had on yesterday, which I thought was cute that he did that. He also got a jammer of the same style. "Just in case" he said. I was hoping he'd try them on and model them, but he did not. I'll see them soon enough. We also had lunch together. He's married, so I think he is str8, but whatever, it was a really fun day.

Should be fun at swimming tomorrow seeing what he wears.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:25 AM

The great thing about going to a gay sauna is that you can be naked, get hard and no one will mind.
Practically everywhere else you go you risk being spotted, identified and embarrassed should you get an erection, however spontaneously.
I know young men who are afraid to shower naked after their speedo swimming sessions with their training squads, because they know that as soon as they strip off and stand under the warm water things will come to a head.
A musician friend invented phoba-phoba-phobia in song he wrote, it is scared of being scared of being scared. In many ways trying not to get aroused, while thinking about not getting aroused, while standing naked in a shower with your back to your naked mates is like phoba-phoba-phobia, and very arousing, and causes the victim to run for his towel.
I always used to get aroused trying on speedos in shops, and would still be hard when fully dressed at the till. I knew something was going "wrong" with sportswear when the longer and baggier shorts failed to excite me in the shop changing rooms.
If you do get into a habit of getting aroused at the thought of being caught with an erection it is probably time to go to a gay sauna, go naked in the steam room, get hard, let other guys see and enjoy seeing your naked body and excited manhood. If you don't want it to go any further you can say "No thanks" should they approach you, but try to stand your ground and don't run away this time.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:28 AM

Default not sure of the point

Hey Torch, I think I am missing something. I totally agree that a guy with an erection would be perfectly acceptable and even desired at a gay sauna as you describe. However, while they do happen to guys at swim practice and meets (and I have had my share of those situations), I don't think the two compare. While perfectly normal for a guy to occasionally get aroused, even spontaneously as in my story, you have to admit it feels a bit weird standing there in that state in front of your whole team. A nice feeling, to be sure, but still awkward. As for running away, I don't get that... I stayed until the time came to jump in the pool.

Trust me, I've worn tight racing swimsuits since I joined a YMCA team as a really young pup. And then alll the way as a I progressed as a really good swimmer. Speedo boners come with the territory...I get that. And I am very confident as a guy...even when they pop up. However, all in context.