Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2015, 08:54 PM

The inescapable truth is that the less you wear, the more comfortable you will feel.
Old 12-17-2015, 11:03 PM

Default Wear what makes you happy

I do not understand how someone else wearing jammers, boardies or whatever impacts any of us. Just as we don't want someone judging us by what swimwear we prefer, we ought not judge or insult the other way. On the right guy, jammers look fantastic, and so do board shorts. Wear what you want and tell everyone else to go you know what.

STS
Old 12-18-2015, 03:40 AM

I agree that men should be allowed to wear whatever they want without being criticized.

However, the real problem is that jammers and boardies are considered to be the "norm", but speedos are considered to be abnormal and subject to criticism.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:03 PM

I have worn speedos my whole life and have never been subject of criticism. Who is it that is allegedly doing it? The only negative I have ever heard is about guys that wear too skimpy or transparent - but that has also been applied to women doing the same.
Old 12-19-2015, 12:52 PM

Well, nobody seems to mind what I wear so I'm the same about them. I've stopped noticing what other guys wear at the pool. The only ones which get my attention now are women in bikinis!
Old 12-20-2015, 10:15 PM

Default Fitting Party

I was back at this swim shop Friday night. It looked surprisingly busy. On the door, there was a sign about a Fitting Party for a high school boys swim team. The boys season is usually winter here.

Inside, there were a bunch of kids and parents. A couple of small areas near the changing rooms had been walled off with screens to provide additional space to change.

I asked the staff member what was going on. She told me the team was doing a group fitting a suit purchase. I asked her what suit they were using and she held up a Tyr brief. "No jammers this year?" I asked. She told me not this year and added that a few other teams have switched back to briefs only. I told her I was going to browse. The staff member said that would be fine, but warned me there might be a bit of a wait for a fitting room.

I walked around the store and found a couple of suits I wanted to try on. The fitting rooms were both occupied. One of the mothers waiting for her son pointed to the screened off area and said she thought it was empty. I peeked around the corner of the wall and saw that it was.

I went into the screened off area and got undressed with my back to the opening. When I turned around to pick up the first suit, I noticed in the mirror that one of the other moms had a pretty good view inside. I pulled on the suit while she took cautious glances at me, probably hoping I wouldn't notice. When I took off the suit to try on the other one, she must have said something to the other woman she was talking to, because she turned around right at that moment, looked in the mirror, smiled, and turned away again.

The second suit fit perfectly and I liked the pattern. As I took it off, I could see the woman still watching me, and they were joined by one more. They must have said something to the new woman, because she took a quick glance in my direction. I pretended to check the label in the suit lingering nude for a moment longer. I saw her take one more glance. Then I got dressed.

The group of women smiled at me as I walked past to the cashier. I bought the suit I'd picked out and left.

The experience reminded me of a summer when I'd taken to swimming laps in the morning. The place where I swam ran classes for kids and my swims would often end around the same time as the classes. For some reason, mothers felt that it was acceptable to help their kids change and would come right into the locker room sometimes. The first time it happened, I had a moment of panic when I thought I'd walked into the wrong locker room. The mom apologized and said she be out of there in a minute. I waited for a bit, but figured she made the choice to come into the men's locker room, so I changed. She discretely looked at me a few times.

This happened on numerous other occasions. At first, the really did seem to be there just to help their kids. Eventually, however, it started to seem like the were just using as an excuse to come in. They walk into the open shower area saying they were looking for their kid. I mentioned it to the lifeguard. She just apologized and told me that it sometimes happens after the classes end and suggested that I could wait a bit for the locker room to clear out.

Since I was enjoying the experience, I did not.
Old 12-21-2015, 02:07 AM

Glad to hear that briefs are making a solid come back and jammers are slowly becoming extinct.
Old 12-21-2015, 03:57 PM

Default just thinking

A snug-fitting pair of jammers will be just as revealing of the male anatomy and the condition it is in as a pair of swim briefs. Its easy to find photos of swimmers wearing jammers that reveal the shape of the male anatomy. A brief is called a brief not because it covers less of the anatomy than something called a non-brief. Briefs cover less of the thighs than jammers, but so far as I am aware, male thighs are not a sexual organ. The notion that some swimmers seen to have that a snug-fitting jammer suitable for lap or competitive swimming will be less revealing of male body parts than a brief is all in the swimmer's imagination. And I differ with some of you guys apparently in thinking that a snug jammer can look very sexy on a guy.
To illustrate, check out a photo like this

http://famewatcher.com/wp-content/up...ed-swimmer.jpg

or, these guys
http://famewatcher.com/wp-content/up...an-in-nike.jpg

Last edited by sebbie : 12-21-2015 at 04:05 PM.
Old 12-21-2015, 05:56 PM

Sure, and full length trousers can be quite revealing, if you're a ballet dancer:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-5ZBkfuZO0T...ite+tights.jpg
Old 01-09-2016, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackk78
I was back at this swim shop Friday night. It looked surprisingly busy. On the door, there was a sign about a Fitting Party for a high school boys swim team. The boys season is usually winter here.

Inside, there were a bunch of kids and parents. A couple of small areas near the changing rooms had been walled off with screens to provide additional space to change.

I asked the staff member what was going on. She told me the team was doing a group fitting a suit purchase. I asked her what suit they were using and she held up a Tyr brief. "No jammers this year?" I asked. She told me not this year and added that a few other teams have switched back to briefs only. I told her I was going to browse. The staff member said that would be fine, but warned me there might be a bit of a wait for a fitting room

We used to have a fitting at the first practice of the season. There would be a bunch of trial suits in different sizes, and you'd find the one that fit so it could be ordered.

The team would do this at the pool. Things were more lax in those days and no one thought twice about parents of either gender being in the locker room. There would be 20+ boys in various states of undress trying on suits while observed by moms and dads.

Before and after practices and meets, parents would frequently come into the locker rooms. I think by the end of the season, the moms had all seen us naked at least a few times.