Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2024, 10:26 PM

Default A classic Speedo fest

To me, there’s nothing like the look of a classic Speedo racing brief on a slim trim male body. Sadly, competitive swimming has long ago abandoned briefs. We’ll never again have the opportunity to see an Adonis-like Gary Hall Jr. rocking his racing suit.

Fortunately, there’s still synchronized platform diving! Not only do we get to see athletic full body motion in a Speedo both above and below the waterline - we get to see it in slow motion! Well worth a Peacock subscription.

https://media.gettyimages.com/id/813...4a_feBgMmVwgM=
Old 08-18-2024, 04:05 AM

Brief Speedo-type suits are still worn for many collegiate meets here in the U.S. But the few meets they put on tv are almost always the divisional (Big 10, ACC, etc.) championships and national NCAA championships. At those big, important meets, where every tenth of a second can mean more points for your team, they wear the jammers. But regular school vs. school meets are still mostly swum in brief suits. Also, water polo matches usually feature loads of guys (95%) in brief suits.
Old 08-19-2024, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmboy
Brief Speedo-type suits are still worn for many collegiate meets here in the U.S. But the few meets they put on tv are almost always the divisional (Big 10, ACC, etc.) championships and national NCAA championships. At those big, important meets, where every tenth of a second can mean more points for your team, they wear the jammers. But regular school vs. school meets are still mostly swum in brief suits. Also, water polo matches usually feature loads of guys (95%) in brief suits.
I believe that male water polo players wear 2 or 3 swimsuits in case one gets ripped or pulled off.
Old 08-21-2024, 02:22 AM

I believe that male water polo players wear 2 or 3 swimsuits in case one gets ripped or pulled off.

I have attended numerous water polo matches and tournaments - I have seen a few guys with two suits on, but most only wear one suit.

As a swimming official for several years, I have seen one or two guys wearing two suits at a swim meet. Around 2011 the NCAA passed a rule that athletes could only wear one suit for swimming meets. Why? Because the suit underneath might be made of a non-fabric material that aided the swimmer's flotation, giving him an edge over those wearing only fabric suits which do not aid in flotation. I had to speak with one kid who had on two suits - I could see a different colored waistband sticking above the waistband of his 'outer suit'. He thought I was disqualifying him, but the rule had only come out about 2 weeks earlier, so we were just warning them at that meet.
Old 08-21-2024, 11:47 AM

Couldn't he have removed the outer suit?
Old 08-27-2024, 02:00 AM

Yes, that was what he could or should have done, but he had not heard about the 'one-suit rule' until I told him about it. Sometimes, a guy might have a favorite suit, but it could be getting a bit threadbare, so he wears it under something else. But now, only one suit is allowed.