Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2011, 09:35 PM

Default Speedo Fastskin3

Speedo introduced its new technical racing suits for the 2012 Olympic year today. No brief - just a jammer, so anyone hoping for a repeat of the 1996 Olympic poster of Gary Hall wearing the smallest Speedo ever will be disappointed.

Briefs have been making a re-emergence on H.S. teams lately, and this is bound to set that movement back. But I think that everyone can agree that racing briefs are unequaled for daily laps, no matter what is faster on race day.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lap Counter
But I think that everyone can agree that racing briefs are unequaled for daily laps, no matter what is faster on race day.

Totally agree. Far better than Jammers. I also have noticed a slow but steady increase in guys on teams wearing briefs. A far better experience for training, full range leg movement and unencumbered flip turns... plus they look great!
Old 12-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Speedo Member

Default briefs

Yes indeed -- briefs (or as I prefer to call them, bikinis, since that's what they are in a fashion sense) are becoming more popular. I think it's in part a reflection of the underwear guys are wearing. For about a decade, say mid-90s to mid-00s, young men wore nothing but boxers (blech). Now with boxy jeans out of fashion, briefs (and even bikinis!) are coming back for men's underwear. As long as guys are wearing skimpier underwear, and as long as their girlfriends like them (and boyfriends), briefer swimwear is going to become more popular.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:00 PM

Default Fashion Renaissance?

Do I dare to hope for a fashion renaissance? It's time for the slim and fit to refuse to let the fatties dictate styles that hide the human form.

Tight jeans are back. Those stovepipe legged ones (with sagging boxers) was NOT a good look.

In dork short swimwear, trimmer, shorter shorts are appearing. Speedo racing briefs aren't for everyone, but below-the-knees as an alternative is disturbing.

Underwear departments have lots of bold things happening. Boxers don't live up to the loose comfort billing. Support and control are good! Fashion jockstraps and thongs are great to wear under tight jeans.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:40 AM

On the subject of the return of the shorter look in swim wear, I've made cut offs shorts from old jeans and I cut them off about 1/2 way up from the knees.

The trick is cut them evenly and trim the frayed edges so they're neat.

I've worn them out on the street for about 6 months and a few people have commented on how good I look!!!